Monday 11 June 2012

A Day in Uden

Hannie gave me a lift to the station and I caught the bus to Uden.  Henk picked me up and drove me around the town.  John and I had visited Henk and Rina (family friends) in Uden before, but we had never driven around the town, as Henk and Rina live on the outskirts.

When we were last there Henk told us that a new hospital for the area was to be built across the road.  It has been built.  It is due to be finished in July and is huge.  It certainly imposes upon the tranquil landscape that Henk and Rina once had.




In the afternoon, Jan and Nora joined us.  Nora is a cousin of my dad's.   We had a really nice time catching up on all the family news.



Henk drove me into Eindhoven so that I could catch the train back to Breda, where Marie Louise had prepared a special dinner for me!  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment