Monday 4 June 2012

Visit in Eindhoven

Today was another family day.

I caught the train to Eindhoven and was met at the station by my cousin Hannie.  Our first stop was to visit her mother (my dad's sister).  My aunt has not been particularly well, but I am happy to say she was in fine form on this day.  I was able to show her several photo's her brother and his family is Australia, which she really enjoyed.

We had a nice lunch together and Hannie then drove me back to her house where we spent a few hours chatting.  We headed out for a stroll but the weather looked a bit ominous so we returned home.  The picture below shows a typical dutch bungalow and the second one is a footpath indicator in front of a house where the jewish occupants were deported to Auschwitz.  Apparently these plaques are being installed in many towns in memory of those that were deported and killed.


Hannie drove me back to the train station and I caught the train home.  It was my turn to cook dinner as Marie Louise was working late.

No comments:

Post a Comment